Agency Banking Product Officer at Ecobank
Ecobank Rwanda Plc.
P.O. BOX: 3268 Kigali – Rwanda
External recruitment Advert
Job Vacancy: Agency Banking Product Officer
Opening date: March 12, 2021
Closing date: March 26, 2021
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial, and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Agency Banking Product Officer
Reporting: Head Agency Banking
Agency Banking Support Officer is charged with acquiring and managing the Agent network in Rwanda for Ecobank’s products and services. He will work as a member of a team of dedicated staff to cover the whole country in a manageable size – areas/regions. Agents would sell distribute bouquet of Ecobank products – Deposits, Withdrawals, Remittances, Bills, and Cards subject to the country’s regulatory tolerance. This is a supporting role requiring the development of distribution outlets in Rwanda. The role is accountable for the growth and development of the agency network in Rwanda.
The holder will also have the responsibility of ensuring compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements as well as Ecobank Group policies and procedures. Ensure Agency recruitment, selection, and fraud proof deployment. Branding agent locations with approved toolkits and guide against all known agency vulnerabilities.
- Support the effective implementation of Affiliates’ Agency acquisition and management
- Ensures that standard documents, controls, and monitoring measures are in place and complied with the Group policies and country’ regulations: (KYC and KYA, Agency Banking activity reports, internal controls, audits, etc.)
- Sales activities and reporting (active rate, number, and value of transactions)
- Support operating model optimization in line with market and growth opportunities
- Review process flows to a unique customer experience on agency channels
- Performance Reporting
- Suspicious Transactions Reporting
- Report on competition and marketing activity. Submits fit to market solutions
- Achieve set agent network in the country as agreed with Line Manager.
- Own the yearly plan budget for sales in acquired agents’ locations.
- Build a culture of productivity, efficiency, customer-service excellence, and employee pride through effective teamwork strategy.
- Ensures sound and prudent teamwork in accordance with statutory, regulatory, and group governance requirements and bringing this to bear on Agent Channels.
- Fosters strong relationships for inter-departmental cooperation and dependency in achieving product sales in Agent network.
- Accept coaching and guidance from supervisor in achieving set targets.
- Delivery of project within agreed cost and timescale milestones
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
Background & Experience
- Graduate, with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree /Business Adm./ Finance, Marketing, Commerce, Economics or any related field.
- 1 years of experience required with sales experience in Financial Institutions
- Experience in Agent acquisition, development, and management will be an added value
- Ready to travel round business locations for assessment and hands-on coaching.
- Fluent English.
Skills & Capabilities
- Strong team player, relationship building, conflict resolution skills, ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work with limited supervision and deliver results within tight deadlines
- Appreciable use of Excel and Power point in presentation
- Excellent Inter-personal skills
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the “Apply for this job” button not later than the 26th of March 2021.
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.