Market & Credit Risk Officer at ECOBANK
Ecobank Rwanda Plc.
P.O. BOX: 3268 Kigali – Rwanda
External recruitment Advert
Job Vacancy: Market & Credit Risk Officer
Opening date: March 12, 2021
Closing date: March 26, 2021
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial, and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Market & Credit Risk Officer
Reporting: Head, Risk Management
Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and modeling market, liquidity risk as well as credit risk, supporting Treasury and lending activities within the bank. The Individual should add value through a combination of strong quantitative capabilities and robust market risk and credit risk management techniques, practices, and discipline
Develop new and maintain existing quantitative market risk management policies and methodologies to be used throughout the bank;
- Actively monitor trading and liquidity limits, and takes appropriate action in cases of breaches.
- Ensure that robust market risk controls are maintained to prevent unauthorized exposures throughout the bank;
- Generate independent, accurate and timely market risk and liquidity risk management information for the department, the business, and senior management;
- Work with Trading and Investment desks to support new business initiatives in line with the Board’s risk appetite and in accordance with the bank’s risk management policies
- Maintain and review market intelligence reports and forecast market risk factors with a view to ascertaining the impact on the Bank’s on and off-balance sheet positions.
- Spearhead the setting up market and liquidity risk management framework for the bank
- Facilitate market and liquidity risk training and development in the bank;
- Oversight on credit risk ensuring that the credit policy is being adhered to across the bank
- Actively monitor credit risk limits, concentration limits in line with the approved risk appetite, target market, and credit risk strategy documents
- Generate independent, accurate and timely credit risk management information for the department, the businesses, and senior management;
Involves an overall grasp of the credit and financial markets to provide a comprehensive market assessment; solid awareness of up-to-date regulatory requirements and risk management developments as well as a strong understanding of various treasury and credit products.
Involves limiting the size of market risk exposures that dealers are allowed to take to make a profit while limiting the potential loss that can be incurred under varying market volatilities.
Application of excellent analytical and presentation skills.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- An excellent first degree in a quantitative discipline like Finance, Mathematics, Banking, Economics
- Minimum of seven (3) years’ experience, part of which must have been spent within a treasury and or credit environment;
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills;
- Good IT literacy
Technical/ Industry Specific
- Has a deep understanding of Treasury and lensing businesses and products;
- Good judgment of market risk and credit risk;
- Strong proficiency with Excel;
- Understands best market risk and credit risk management practices and methodologies;
- Interpretation of micro and macroeconomic variables and trends
- Broad and farsighted view of the unit, organization, and its future;
- Ability to analyze the forces at work in a situation, creative and innovative ability to assess the environment and the changes taking place
- Attention to details and prioritization skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high level of accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills;
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate and cover letter) via the “Apply for this job” button not later than the 26th of March 2021.
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…