Ecobank Rwanda Plc.
P.O. BOX: 3268 Kigali – Rwanda
External recruitment Advert
Job Vacancy: Senior Finance Officer – Business Performance & Analytics
Opening date: March 12, 2021
Closing date: March 26, 2021
About Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial, and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for experienced professional in the following area
Role Title: Senior Finance Officer – Business Performance & Analytics
Reporting: Chief Financial Officer
- Senior Officer – Business Performance & Analytics, reporting to the CFO, will be responsible for preparation of internal management accounts, deal pipe tracking, annual budgeting, and forecasting, partnering with the businesses, Management Information Systems (MIS) as well as special projects to support business development initiatives.
- This individual will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. Ensures comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers to deliver insightful, value-added analysis across the bank.
- Senior Officer – Business Performance & Analytics will lead in implementation of a robust management information system (MIS).
- Senior Officer – Business Performance & Analytics will play a key role in business partnering efforts with supervision of business finance partners for Consumer, Commercial and TSG
Financial Analysis & Deal Pipe Tracking
- In charge of weekly deals pipeline and call plans tracking across the bank.
- In charge of financial planning and analysis to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures to create an organization’s extended financial plan.
- In charge of efficient and effective MEP & CAPEX process of evaluating, tracking, and monitoring all acquisition activity for the bank with appropriate links to the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Perform competitive financial analysis
- Monitor competitive dynamics of the sectors (Market Intelligence and analysis)
- Quarterly analysis of Tariff implementation and benchmarking
- Support the strategic business planning process
- Coordinate process for preparing financial budget plans and analysis that links to the corporate strategic objectives.
- Monitor the bank’s annual budget and periodic forecasts, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the bank, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive, and completed on time
- In charge of SAP reporting within the Group reporting timelines.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package (internal management accounts) that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances, and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Implement and work with a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Routinely communicate business unit and bank wide financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
Management Information System (MIS)
- In charge of Management Information System (MIS) of the bank to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure
- In charge of Corporate and Treasury business partnership that may include performance commentary, accounting change impacts, and new product opportunities
- Ensure Compliance to all regulatory reporting requirements and all fiscal obligations to RRA, RSSB, REB, and other statutory bodies
- Support in Flexcube COA administration, mapping, and any other technical challenges
- Preparation of draft Board pack for Finance for CFO review.
- Support in Tax Health Check exercise and Tax audits.
- Supervise finance interns in the department.
- Managing payables – review accounting entries and sign off.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- University graduate with Bachelor/Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field of study.
- Qualified Certified Accountant or its equivalent.
- Professional banking course will be an added advantage.
- Fluent written & spoken English; Knowledge of French could be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office especially with good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and meet a tight deadline with high level of accuracy
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Good knowledge of Flexcube core banking system
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an equal opportunities company and females’ candidates are encouraged to apply, If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the position on the subject matter
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the “Apply for this job” button not later than the 26th of March 2021.
Only those who strictly meet the criteria should apply for this position
Due to expected high volume of applications we cannot respond to all applications and will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.