SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC
Title: Short-Term Data Collector
Project: USAID Soma Umenye
Soma Umenye is a five-year initiative of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Rwanda Basic Education Board (REB) that aims to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda by the end of P3. Specifically, Soma Umenye will ensure that at least 70 percent of P1-P3 students are able to read grade-level text with fluency and comprehension.
USAID Soma Umenye supports Rwanda’s Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and its implementing agency, the REB, to improve early grade reading through its Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) 3 by developing mechanisms to engage district leaders in the delivery of early grade reading.
Soma Umenye aims to achieve the following two goals:
- To improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children (unique direct beneficiaries) in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda by the end of P3; and
- To ensure that at least 70 percent of P1-P3 students are able to read grade-level text with fluency and comprehension.
- To achieve the above goals, it requires close collaboration with all education stakeholders under the technical leadership of MINEDUC, REB, and the National Examination and School Inspection Authority (NESA).
Purpose of Assignment
In collaboration with NESA and REB, USAID Soma Umenye will engage data collectors to support the administration of a survey and student assessment on early grade reading. USAID Soma Umenye is recruiting data collectors to attend a training and take a brief test following the training. Those data collectors that score sufficiently well on the test will be engaged to conduct the assessment.
USAID Soma Umenye requires data collection services in August 2021.
Prospective data collectors will:
- Attend every day of training organized for all prospective data collectors.
- Participate in training exercises, including completing data collection preceding activities.
Once hired, data collectors will:
- As demonstrated in training, conduct the required number of daily student assessments, interviews, and questionnaires with the sampled target groups (head teachers, teachers, and students) using tablets and other electronic devices.
- Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English required; proficiency in French preferred;
- University degree in language education preferred;
- Experience with educational research and/or as a data collector in the education sector required;
- Prior experience using tablets or other electronic data collection devices required;
- Willingness to conduct all activities included in the scope of work (including travel to remote areas of Rwanda) required.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Kigali with travel throughout the country during data collection.
Prospective data collectors will be responsible for their transportation to Kigali and their accommodation in Kigali during the training.
The Data Collector will report to the designated supervisor.
How to apply
Application document is the link: https://Chemonics-Soma-Umenye.formstack.com/forms/short_term_data_collectors
The deadline will be July 2 ,2021
MARKING GUIDE NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS : 👆🏾 Niba ufite umwana wiga S6; S3 na P6; Hano Hari ibibazo n'ibisubizo by'ibizamini bya Leta byakozwe mu myaka yahise byamufasha gukomeza kwitegura kuzakora ibizamini bya Leta bisoza uyu mwaka
MARKING GUIDES OF PAST PAPER NATIONAL EXAMINATION P-LEVEL 2019:
- UKO WARERBA AMANOTA Y’IBIZAMINI BYA LETA Y’ABANYESHURI BASOZA AMASHURI ABANZA(P-level) N’ICYICIRO RUSANGE(O-level) 2022-2023. September 12, 2023
- UPDATE MARKING GUIDE OF P-LEVEL NATIONAL EXAMINATION 2022-2023 August 9, 2023
- Job position of Finance and Administration Officer at GAKENKE DISTRICT August 9, 2023
- Job position of Data manager A1/A0 at RULINDO DISTRICT HEALTH August 9, 2023
- Job position of Cashier A2 at RULINDO DISTRICT HEALTH August 9, 2023
- Job position of SOCIAL WORK A2 at RULINDO DISTRICT HEALTH August 9, 2023
- Job position of Data manager at CENTRAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF KIGALI (CHUK) August 9, 2023
- 40 Enumerators jobs at NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY(NCST) July 20, 2023
- Pan African University Call for scholarship Applications For 2024 Academic Year July 13, 2023
- Entrepreneurship examination for s2 of the end of third term, 2023 July 11, 2023
- URUTONDE RW’ABALIMU BAZAKORA IGIKORWA CY’IKOSORA IBIZAMINI BYA LETA 2023 RWASHYIZWE HANZE NA NESA July 11, 2023
- Kinyarwanda examination for s2 of the end of third term, 2023 July 9, 2023
- English examination for s2 of the end of third term, 2023 July 9, 2023
- History examination for s2 of the end of third term, 2023 July 9, 2023
- Geography examination for s2 of the end of third term, 2023 July 9, 2023